Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Kanye said, "Be Amazing."

I literally just got home from watching Jay-Z and Kanye West kill it at the Staples Center in Downtown Los Angeles. They were in town for their Watch The Throne Tour, and my God did they have all of us watch the damn throne. It was such a monumental time in music and in my life personally. Being able to watch Jay-Z, my favorite artist of all time, perform live is something that I will never forget the rest of my life. Everything I've heard about his ability to perform live were all true. From his breath control to his crowd control, he really is a master of his craft and I respect him twice as much after seeing it all in person.

Kanye To The. Kanye really stole the show in my opinion because I already knew what to expect from Jay, but Kanye just surprised the hell out of me. His stage presence is amazing. His individualism is exactly that; individualism. Dude was wearing a black t-shirt with an insane graphic, leather pants or leggings, and a leather kilt. There was a segment during the show after they performed "Made In America" that really stuck with me. Kanye had the violins going as he spoke to the crowd, "Everyone tells you to be humble, be humble, be humble. When was the last time someone told you to be great? Be great everybody. Be great! Be amazing!"

A salute to you Kanye for being such an inspiration. Now, if anyone has been wondering where I've been and why I haven't been posting, I just haven't felt like it. For the past few months, since my last post in September, I just haven't really felt like I had the material that were up to par. I've come to a full circle since then and have revamped what I want to do with this blog as well as what I want on it.

Thank you to those who've stayed loyal and to those who constantly ask me about the blog. Back to what I do best and that's to provide you guys with photos to look at. All taken by Ken "K. Sole" Soleta of course.










The weather has been cold lately out here in Los Angeles, and by cold, I mean cold for us Angelenos. My favorite piece by far this season is the vest by Gap. I can throw it on top of another light jacket like I did here, or on a shawl cardigan that I love so much. Such a versatile piece of clothing and something definitely worth investing in.

Another item I'd like to highlight is the vintage Citizen watch I am wearing in the photos. It's an old watch that my dad wore all the time before he passed away. My mom recently got the band replaced and passed it on to me. I've been wearing it everyday since then. It means so much to me and is definitely my favorite accessory.

Last, but not least, a BIG thank you to my girlfriend who made this day possible. She woke up extra early when they first sold the tickets for the Watch The Throne Tour and purchased them for me. You single-handedly crossed off one of my biggest goals on my bucket list and I'm glad I was able to experience it with you.

Until the next post, remember, be amazing.

2 comments: