Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pendleton Duffel Bag

First and foremost, I would like to welcome you all to my personal lifestyle blog. Thank you for taking the time to read. I truly appreciate it. 

I decided to visit a few local thrift/trade stores the other day with the intention to sell a few things from my closet, but I ended up going home with a beautiful bag. I walked into one of my favorite trade stores and my girlfriend immediately points out this bag that was sitting on top of one of their display shelves. I walked straight to the shelves and grabbed the bag. It turned out to be a Pendleton bag so I was expecting a hefty price tag, but ended up being a steal. Spent about $2 after trading in a few things that didn't really fit my wardrobe anymore. I am one happy camper!

I am still amazed with the condition of the bag. You can never go wrong with anything that is made by Pendleton. Manufactured in the USA using the finest fabrics, I feel very comfortable investing in a timeless piece. 100% virgin wool, tartan plaid, shoulder strap, and a hint of brown. What else could I ask for? I can't wait to break the bag in.

Check out some of the photos I took of the bag


 

For those who aren't familiar with the Pendleton brand, it is a family owned business that has been manufacturing goods for over 100 years now. Ranging from work shirts to blankets, all of their products are made with the finest quality possible. Here is a vintage ad from Pendleton that I found interesting.

Ad in an issue of Vogue from 1955. A lady in Pendleton's iconic 49'er jacket for women. Thank you to Adore-Vintage for the photo.
Check out Pendleton Woolen Mills for more information regarding the brand. 

Once again, thank you for taking the time to read. Subscribe to the blog or bookmark it, just make sure you stay tuned!  Until the next post, have a good one folks!

-Rei Fernandez

1 comment: